Thursday 11 December 2008

Back a week...

No, not back in time by a week. In fact, it's a week today since I got back from my wonderful holiday in Cuba. I've already burbled about this at some length to a lot of people, so won't bore any readers I still have with a repeat performance. Suffice it to say, it was wonderful. It's an incredibly beautiful country - in particular I'll never forget the day hiking in the Sierra de Escambray national park - and the people are marvellous. The whole place has an energy and a laid-back charm that have totally seduced me. Go - now! - if you possibly can! - and pray with me that President-elect Obama, on becoming president, talks to the Cubans, removes the blockade, but doesn't try to take them over.
Work is busier now, as Christmas is upon us. And life is also busy - friends and parties, carol concert practice, "Messiah" (in period costume!) tomorrow evening, trying to catch up with all the family, trying to find time to write and post greetings cards and presents...
But I had an amazing dream last night about going to a drawing class and then starting to make huge charcoal drawings - woke up with almost the same feeling of exhileration that I would have had if I had been drawing. It reminded me all over again of why I have to keep the creative juices flowing, somehow, because it is what makes me feel more alive than anything else I know - better than being drunk or being in love, even.

No comments: