Thursday 10 February 2011

Been off, come back...

I've just come back to work today after three days off with a suspected case of the infamous winter norovirus, ugh. You don't want the details, it's a miserable condition, though luckily fairly quick to pass. It was either that or food poisoning (I did have a takeaway on friday night).

Have spent today trying to sort out sensible things at work and making sure I had a proper lunch break. Went for a walk in the rain and appreciated the sweet smells of eary spring - snowdrops, Chimonanthus, winter honeysuckle, damp pine needles... The big displays of orchids and bromeliads in the Princess of Wales Conservatory look wonderful. The rainy dusk is calling me home now, though; home to eat some nice wholesome boiled rice and steamed veg.

Rambling wearily; I'm off...

No comments: