Thursday 10 March 2011

Good things today

It’s turned windy, but the sun is shining.

I had a very nice lunch of cheese and tomato salad and rye crispbread.

The first flowers are opening on the myrobalans, and their sweet honey-and-clean-skin scent is filling the air.

And last night I finished the revision of “Ramundi’s Sisters”.

It’s been sticky going, as the final scene had to be totally re-written from scratch. I’m still not entirely sure it works, so I have to treat that last scene as “first draft” level, when the remainder is now at “third revision” level. This is a bit frustrating, to say the least, and I’m pretty sure it isn’t really right yet. But it’s a lot better than the original, which was a really bad example of characters pushed into actions that served the plot with no regard for what would be natural to the characters themselves.

Anyway, it’s nearer to done than it’s been in a long time. Now I’ll sit on it for a few weeks and then try to give it a first revision all of its own.

2 comments:

Alessandra said...

Ciao Imogen, thank you for your comment on tofu, I hope that your friends in Japan are OK.

Are you writing a novel?

Ciao
A.

Imogen said...

Heaven help me, I've written three and am halfway through two more (and have other projects on the mental "back burner"...). When I started writing again a few years ago, it was like turning on a tap and finding it could not be turned off.

Thanks for visiting - I hope your Japanese friends are all okay too.