Friday 26 August 2011

Four days...

It's a public holiday on Monday, and I've booked Tuesday off as annual leave, so I am about to have four days off. A little holiday. Thank goodness.

I am very tired and rather washed out, partly from work being busy and partly from some ongoing gynae problems that the doctor hasn't made much headway on yet. I'm taking extra vitamins and iron, watching my diet more carefully than usual, haven't drunk any alcohol in about the last ten days, have been taking probiotics daily, and am getting to bed by 10.30 every night. I really want the problems either to stop, or at least to be explained. I'd like to get through the tests and urine-samples and we'll-monitor-things-for-a-while stage, and just know what I'm dealing with. If I'm going to end up on HRT, then okay, so be it, I'm happy to give it a try; but please, can't we cut to the chase?

Others seem to be okay; K has a new kitten, Miss Robyn has a new house, The Geek is getting ready to finish her PhD research, Baby Bro's most recent operation seems to have been highly successful and has restored him to his previous maddeningly buoyant self... This is all good; the world is not devoid of good. But as for me, I'm stale, flat and unprofitable.

It's just one of those things. Roll on the four day weekend...

No comments: