Tuesday 4 October 2011

Stale, flat and unprofitable

Just a quick note to explain why I haven't written for a while.  I had only been back from Greece for a week when I went down with a rather nasty gastric bug which caused me to vomit a lot and left me with very uncomfortable crampy diarrhoea for several days afterwards. I haven't felt so utterly, entirely ghastly since I had swine 'flu two years ago.

I had gone down to my mum's for the weekend to look at holiday photos, have a nice lunch out, perhaps go to the coast on Sunday; that was the plan.  Then Saturday morning I started throwing up, and it was downhill all the way after that...  Poor Mum had to nurse me instead of having a nice relaxing weekend with my interesting company.  I lay in bed and slept when I wasn't in the bathroom, and was about as poor a house-guest as one can be.  I seem to have shaken that actual bug off now, but am still feeling very washed out, over a week later. 

Trying to be positive; get on with work, get some early nights, think about making another submission to another literary agent, think about blanching and freezing french beans (my only decent harvest this year has been a bumper bean crop - good thing I love beans), think about the beauties of autumn with its variadated skies and dancing leaves...

But I'd really rather like just to go home and sleep.

No comments: