Tuesday 31 January 2012

Not a good place...

I officially start my new role tomorrow; and I've got a stinking head cold.  I feel grotty.  I know it's only a cold, nothing serious.  But I am stuffy-nosed and sore-throated, and terribly tired, and the front of my face aches.  Miserable condition; and not the way one wants to be when about to start a new job. 

I try to console myself, in my lunch break, with planning my May holiday.  I haven't yet booked any time off, but I can still day dream about going back to Crete, or back to Paxos, or that peculiar place on the north coast of Lesvos where there was nothing but a huge black sand beach and a few tavernas...   Outside the office window now a fine white sleet is drifting on the wind, and the thought of the sunlit mountains and shining seas of Hellas comforts me as I resign myself to February in England. 

2 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

oh dear. dose yourself up on garlic, vitamin C and echinacea.. and start taking Olive leaf extract! brilliant stuff.

Imogen said...

I'm already on the garlic, vit C and echinacea - and also taking extra zinc, bee propolis and sudafed. Haven't tried olive leaf extract - does it boost immune function or fight off bugs or what? Have reached the streaming nose and explosive sneezes stage in three days flat, so am hoping this will be a quick cold rather than a slow one...