Tuesday 17 January 2012

Technical problems...

I finished typing up Fairy Story No1 last night (& started on typing up Fairy Story No2, as well as writing a bit more of Fairy Story No3) and put it on a floppy disc.  Brought it into work, together with the Lovely Bit of Kit.  But I just tried to open the file on the disc, using the Bit of Kit, and got a message box saying "Hi there, I need to reformat this disc".  Clicked "yes, go ahead".  Got a green counting-bar thing.  Then another message saying "By the way, reformatting will delete everything on the disc.  Still sure you want to do this, chump?"

Clicked "No".  Sighed.  Unplugged everything and put it all back in my bag.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the fairy stories, mind you; they aren't suitable for children, really, but aren't adult enough to be for adults, either.  Something is seriously askew in my marketing strategy if I'm writing for a non-existent market... 

Oh well.  Tonight I'll try putting the text on a different disc and see if that goes down any better.  After I get back from hearing Jonathan Biss playing Janacek at the Queen Elizabeth hall...

No comments: